Sales plan. Concept of planning
Sales Planning Concept
Sales planning is the planning of prices and sales volumes for 36 months (the standard planning period), including taxes and insurance stock. The result of planning (price and quantity) is displayed in the "built-in" table (Grid). Input data (prices and quantities) in the table may be – as usual edit table data and using specific planning tools. To calculate the sales plan for the product, calculations are used at the plan level. Data on VAT and on the inventory of finished products are activated only after the final calculations (project). To perform the calculation of stocks, the percentage of the stock per month must be indicated.
After planning sales (all products) must perform the final calculation of the sales plan: "Data → Calculate → "Sales plan"
". Same thing - F9
In General, sales planning includes:
- Creating a product directory.
- Create a sales plan table.
- Sales planning for each product:
- Price planning (data entry, or special planning methods).
- Quantity planning (data entry, or special planning methods).
- Setting seasonality factors.
- Construction of forecast trends and trends in exchange rates.
- Settings of moving average parameters.
- The method of adjusting price fluctuations.
- The method of smoothing short-term fluctuations.
- Short-term forecasts on the skeleton of moving average models
- Planning of insurance stock of finished products.
Applied and recommended procedures and functions
- If you deleted some data by mistake or performed the action, causing damage to data, exit the program without saving: "Main menu → Project file → quit without saving".
- If you exit the program, save the changes: "Main menu → Project file → Save" (or Ctrl+S). Or use the program exit with saving.
- Periodically back up the data: "Main menu → Project file → Save and backup" or Ctrl+Shift+S. File project saved in the folder "backup", the project name will display date and time of saving. To restore the file, just copy it in system folder («BPlanExpress»).
- If you have several projects (or calculation options), create a template file and, starting a new project, open the template file where your settings or preliminary project calculations are saved, select the menu item: "Main menu → Project file → To create a new project". This will shorten the development time of projects.
☛ Note that a new project is created in the system folder ("BPlanExpress"), which opens by default.
- Complete the final calculation: "Main menu → Data → Calculate". Same - F9.
- Clear table (reset values): "Main menu → Data → Clear table".
- Delete the table (delete all data and settings of the table settings): "Main menu → Data → Delete table".
- Clear the string (reset value): "Context menu (right mouse button) → Clear line."
- Translit: "Main menu → Settings → Translit text tables". Select the translation language.
- Export: "Main menu → Reports → Export to Excel". In the same place - export to Word.
- Financial and investment analysis. Settings parameters of project performance indicators:"Main menu → Settings → Investment analysis".
- Quick graph: "Context menu (right mouse button) → Graph of a line." Before the call, place the cursor anywhere in the row with the desired data. See also «Preparation of reports and business plans. Graphics».